Friday, July 22, 2011

A lifelong dream...

What an exciting day! To begin, I must backtrack a bit...

I have had a PT student from Duke with me for the past 10 weeks. Her name is Kara, and she's amazing. I also have been planning a big Fabulous Irish Adventure 2011 with my friend, Kathryn, for the past year, and that trip is just ONE WEEK away! So in all of my musings about what to pack, what to wear, where to go, what kind of Irish man to bring home, etc... I might have mentioned a dream or two of mine (besides the horse for Christmas, of course). So this week, in celebration (mourning??) of Kara's impending move back home, we had a celebratory lunch, soiree, and another lunch! At today's FINAL goodbye lunch, Kara presented me with a gift to show her appreciation for my amazing clinical instructor skills (she was just happy I gave her passing grades:). And what a gift it was!!! It was one of those "lifelong dreams" I mentioned a second ago, yet I had never realized how much I truly NEEDED this object until I opened up that shiny green paper bag... 

From left: Me, my new fanny pack!, and Kara
IT'S A BLACK LEATHER FANNY PACK!!! I mean, who doesn't need one of these?! What an amazing girl. Kara will always hold a special place in my heart...

I mentioned my Fabulous Irish Adventure 2011 earlier; to give you an idea of what kind of traveling I do with Kathryn, here's a few pictures from our last adventure (Fabulous European Adventure 2009)...
Kat hittin' on the Spanish beasts...
We like statues.

Ridin' in the park...
Ireland will never be the same. And with that fanny pack, I should have some Irish fellas following me like a pack of ravenous wolves. Seriously.

Don't worry, Kathryn and I will be armed with video and photo equipment, and those crazy Irish folks have even let us rent a car! By ourselves! It's going to be mayhem... Stay tuned!

No comments: