Saturday, July 30, 2011

Packed and ready!


Here's my bedroom floor this morning...
Organized chaos.
Kathryn drove in from Nashville last night, and this morning we finished packing! I actually didn't really do much packing UNTIL this morning, but again, procrastination is my spiritual gift (thank you, Jesus!). Last night we had a fabulous dinner with Dani Ray and a new friend, Brooke, and the goal of the evening was to create a list of must-do's for Ireland. I thought I'd share a few!
The list - yes, it's on cocktail napkins:)
  1.  Chase sheep ("or ride a sheep", Kat interjects)
  2. Drink Guinness
  3. Kiss an Irishman (or "Irishmen" - sorry, Mama)
  4. Take a picture with Irish musicians
  5. Dance an Irish jig
  6. Kat learn to drive a stick shift (why not learn using her left hand and driving on the wrong side of the road?)
  7. Learn to speak with an Irish accent
  8. Learn to understand an Irish accent
  9. Wear a fanny pack
  10. Learn a Gaelic word 
  11. Visit > 30 pubs (again, sorry, Mama)
  12. Say an Irish prayer (prayers muttered or yelled while driving on the road don't count)
  13. Get Dani Ray a present (guess who added that one)
  14. Meet a Gaelic football player
  15. Learn an Irish toast
And the list goes on! Those were a few of my favorites. Next post will be all about Ireland and everything Irish and green! Love!

1 comment:

Marsha Goodwin said...

I immediately thought of you two when I got up this morning..I know you are so excited, and I am so excited for you..Look forward to hearing from you from time to time while you are there..Don't forget your Irishman's daddy for me and uncle for Irma..LOL...Love you...Be safe