Monday, July 18, 2011

What's in a name?

Family portrait, Christmas 2009. From left to right: Doc, me.
First order of business (and I know you're wondering)... why "A Horse for Christmas"? Well, gather 'round, boys and girls... It all started when I was a tweenage girl and going through my horse phase. I asked Santa (yes, I still believe in Santa Claus) for a horse EVERY year without fail. I had decided where the poor thing would live, what kind of boots I would buy, and the beast's name (Shrimp n' Grits - a blog post for another day). So finally, the Christmas morning of my 11th year, I received a note from Santa - written in handwriting that looked suspiciously like my mama's, might I add - telling me to look outside for my Christmas gift. I excitedly thought, "This is it! I'm FINALLY getting my horse!!!" So I hurriedly ran to the carport door and threw open the door... to find a ping pong table standing outside. Not that I'm not appreciative, Mama and Daddy - that ping pong table was the BOMB - but you can't pet a ping pong table. That moment was almost the most exciting moment of my life. Thus, the blog. A place for me to document my life's "almosts" and "amazings"... So buckle up, friends!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Fun! I'm glad you started a blog! I'll link to you on mine!

Ginna Abbey said...

Yay!! I love random blogs and I love you!!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to read along! :)